Friday, January 13, 2012

Dax - Beating Hearts and False Alarms


Man......You know when I start one of these reviews I almost always have something in mind as to what I'm gonna say. Well not this time. From listening to his lyrics you can tell that Dax is a very intelligent person but sometimes it left me feeling like I needed a dictionary. I Love the first four songs on this album but then we hit a snag with The Painter to be honest it sucks the rock right out of this album. Thank god for the song Radio Mind it kept me from skipping straight to the end of this album. Happy Holidays is not a Christmas song and to be honest its one of the better songs on this album.  The song puts a smile on my face and I love the mental picture it paints. The Impressionist gave me an Eddie Vedder vibe from the first time I heard it and I must say that it is fast becoming one of my favorites.  You can tell from the words and the sound of Dax's voice that this album is very personal. And as a friend I LOVE IT as a reviewer............. It's totally worth a listen or two or three..You know what go download it for free for a limited time or buy it. You be the judge. http://noisetrade.com/dax

No comments:

Post a Comment